Bahrain Update: Solidarity Rally for Nabeel Rajab
Bahrainis gathered yesterday to demonstrate their support for Nabeel Rajab, President of the Bahrain Center for Human Rights and the Gulf Center for Human Rights. Mr. Rajab was recently released from prison on bail for posting Twitter updates the government said were illegal. The participants held up copies of Mr. Rajab’s tweets. One of the tweets deemed illegal by the government showed a picture of Ali Issa Saqr who had been tortured and killed while imprisoned. Mr. Rajab’s next hearing has been scheduled for June 17
The Bahrain Coordinating Committee lends its full support for Nabeel Rajab and for his right to free political expression, and submits that all charges against him should be dismissed.
- Nabeel Rajab Released On Bail; New Hearing Scheduled for June 17 (bahraincoordinatingcommittee.org)
- Nabeel Rajab: The struggle continues in Bahrain (advocacy.globalvoicesonline.org)
- Bahrain Arrests Human Rights Activist Nabeel Rajab (eurasiareview.com)
- Out of Jail, Bahraini Activists Nabeel Rajab and Zainab Alkhawaja Urge End to U.S.-Backed Crackdown (democracynow.org)
- Bahraini rights activist released on bail (edition.cnn.com)
Posted on June 1, 2012, in Detained Bahraini Activists, Human Rights in Bahrain and tagged Bahrain, Bahrain Centre for Human Rights, human rights, Nabeel Rajab, Twitter. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.